FORUMS: list search recent posts

cannot submit batch 'unable to connect to background process in compressor & dvd studio pro

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melissa Nesbitt
cannot submit batch 'unable to connect to background process in compressor & dvd studio pro
on Nov 2, 2009 at 11:38:31 am

HI there,

I am trying to use compressor to get some good quality results in DVD studio pro. I have the older version of compressor 2.0 and am having problems, its says cannot submit batch 'unable to connect to background process when I try to submit.

I am currently overseas so can not reinstall the program.

I also tried to make a dvd in DVD studio pro without first going through compressor, so I built & formatted the project then pressed the burn button and it would not allow me to burn a dvd it just says 'Formatting successful, formatting finished'.

Can anybody please help me, thank you kindly

Melissa

Return to posts index

Allan Hughes
Re: cannot submit batch 'unable to connect to background process in compressor & dvd studio pro
on Nov 12, 2009 at 10:59:43 am

Hi Melissa,
A number of fixes here depending on your OSX version
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA47672?viewlocale=en_US
Al

Return to posts index

Melissa Nesbitt
Re: cannot submit batch 'unable to connect to background process in compressor & dvd studio pro
on Nov 20, 2009 at 11:05:15 am

Thanks Al for your suggestions. I am unable to reinstall any programs since I am overseas, I think it is just that my dvd studio pro & compressor programs are a couple of years old now and my operating system is newer OS X 10.5.7. Maybe I need to buy the latest dvd studio pro?

Another quesiton, does anyone know the best way to export good quality files out of FCP so that I can make good quality dvd's in dvd studi pro since the footage looks grainy doing it via QT movie.

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]