Hello I just downloaded the x264 encoder form the apple website but I'm not sure how to get it to open on my Mac or to have it as an option in quicktime or in Final Cut. I read most of the documentation that came with it and it doesn't seem to say. How do you use it?
If you install it, "x.264 encoder" will be added as an output option. For example, in QT Pro, if you go to File>Export and select QT Movie, when you go to the "Options" section you will have the choice of using the x.264 encoder.
How to use:
* Put x264Encoder.component into /Library/QuickTime folder.
* Relaunch some application with movie export feature.
* Export to movie.
* (ex. QuickTime Player) At export dialog, Click option button, Click Video Settings, Choose x264Encoder from popup list.
* To use B-frame support, check frame reordering.
* Choose preferred preset on option dialog.
* If necessary, Specify H.264 Level/Profile limitation.
Good luck using it!
"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance."
Steve Ballmer To USA Today: 30 April 2007
"We and Apple are neck and neck and we're chasing the two
Steve Ballmer, referring to Nokia and Research in Motion. October 6th 2009