FORUMS: list search recent posts

MP4 to DVD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Brooks
MP4 to DVD
on Oct 12, 2009 at 3:30:23 pm

Hey guys, I'm trying to convert a file from the SEC Media Vault (hosted by Xsos) to make a game DVD. The problem is the files come from the vault as four separate .mp4 files (one for each quarter). We're trying to pull it into DVD Studio Pro as easily as possible without going through multiple encodes but even the latest DSP doesn't support .MP4. So far, I have encoded the .mp4 to mpeg2 via multiple versions of compressor on multiple machines all with the same results; the video comes out incredibly choppy. A guy from Xsos recommended Roxio Toast which handles mp4's easily but the problem there is we need to have more control over the menu. We need at least a chapter for each quarter, an option to watch the entire game once, and an option to loop the game repeatedly. We need this to look professional and Roxio just does not give us that option. Any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated. By the way, all the computers we're running are Intel macs running Leopard and Final Cut Studio with FCP 6, and one quad-core that we have limited access to running Snow Leopard and the latest Final Cut Studio. Thanks Again

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: MP4 to DVD
on Oct 13, 2009 at 7:34:18 am

[Andrew Brooks] "The problem is the files come from the vault as four separate .mp4 files"

Please tell us more about these files e.g. frame size, datarate, erames per second, overall video quality etc, you can get the basic info by opening them in Quicktime and pressing the Apple key + i

Steve Ballmer To USA Today: 30 April 2007

"We and Apple are neck and neck and we're chasing the two
other players,"

Steve Ballmer, referring to Nokia and Research in Motion. October 6th 2009

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]