FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't import Flip Cam footage into Premiere CS4

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Kent
Can't import Flip Cam footage into Premiere CS4
on Sep 29, 2009 at 12:31:25 am

Hi, I really need some assistance figuring out an issue with some Flip Cam footage. The footage was shot by a client and I've been assigned to edit. I work with Premiere CS4, and I'm running into trouble importing some - not all - of the video files.

There are eight video files, six of which upload perfectly into Premiere. The other two files will not upload, nor will they open in Quicktime Pro (an error 2048 message). The files also are not recognized by iOrgSoft Flip Video Converter.

The two files that will not upload are both very large (1.5 and 3.5 GB) compared to the files that do upload. Were the files simply too large to be rendered properly? My only guess is that the files themselves are corrupted, and that this is somehow related to their very large size. On the other hand, I have been able to import and work with a FlipCam file 1.36 GB in size.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of problem? I could really use some help. Thanks so much!

Tim Kent

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Can't import Flip Cam footage into Premiere CS4
on Sep 29, 2009 at 12:52:53 pm

I'd probably say that the files are corrupt, have you tried to open them with VLC?

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

Tim Kent
Re: Can't import Flip Cam footage into Premiere CS4
on Sep 29, 2009 at 4:44:01 pm

Thanks for the tip. Same result with VLC. I'm guessing the files are corrupt! Dang, this will be a headache.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]