FORUMS: list search recent posts

Client Requests "Uncompressed AVI"

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Saliga
Client Requests "Uncompressed AVI"
on Sep 28, 2009 at 8:14:54 pm

I'm compressing 3 motion graphics pieces (no audio) for display on digital signage. The client requested an "uncompressed avi", and I realize this is only a container and not a codec. The source media was output from AE with Apple Animation codec. The clips are 10 seconds long and various dimensions (400x216, 256x728, 320x176) - these dimensions correspond to their various billboards/displays.

I see that (according to Microsoft) the AVI container supports, DivX, Cinepak, Indeo, DV, MJPG and Uncompressed RGB or YUY2 codecs. I'm encoding on a Mac with either Compressor (with Flip4Mac Plugin) or Sorenson and need to make this play back on Windows. I don't know if I'm missing something, but I don't see where I can output an AVI via Sorenson. On the other hand, if I use Compressor via Flip4Mac I can output an AVI, but only compressed with the WMV codec. I've also tried using MPEG Streamclip, but I any uncompressed codec is an Apple codec, which I'm assuming will have issues on a PC through Windows Media Player.

Suggestions or tips?

-Andrew Saliga

Steelehouse Productions
http://www.steelehouse.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Saliga
Re: Client Requests "Uncompressed AVI"
on Sep 28, 2009 at 8:21:39 pm

Scratch that. Just when I check and double check before I post I find the solution after I explain the issue.

Well if anyone else has to deal with this, in Compresser (with the Flip4Mac plugin) after you select "QuickTime Export Components" in the file format section you then just select "AVI" instead of "Windows Media" in the "Ecoder Type" section. The under options set the compression type to none.

-Andrew Saliga

Steelehouse Productions
http://www.steelehouse.com

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Client Requests "Uncompressed AVI"
on Sep 28, 2009 at 10:25:20 pm

MPEG Streamclip can do this too on a Mac or a PC.

Rich RUbasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]