FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor & Quicktime Error: 0

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esthera Preda
Compressor & Quicktime Error: 0
on Sep 25, 2009 at 12:15:23 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to compress a fcp project but the video always fails because of a QuickTime Error: 0.
The audio file works great everytime tho.

Anyone ever experienced that?

I'm pretty rookie at understanding all the formats and everything.

I already tried to export it using the QuickTime conversion which worked great, the only thing is that I can still see interlaced lines in some shots of my movie.

So that's basically why I'm using Compressor, in the hope that they will go away if I compress it in a progressive mode with a deinterlacing filter.

Please anyone, let me know if I'm all wrong there.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Strada

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Compressor & Quicktime Error: 0
on Sep 25, 2009 at 3:44:00 pm

At the top of this forum there's a sticky that says how to get FASTEST compression help. Please read it and provide all the information otherwise you're going to a series of Q&A posts when there might be a quick answer.

Return to posts index

Esthera Preda
on Sep 25, 2009 at 8:28:57 pm

Ok so here's what I came with after gathering all the info needed.

Computer- MacBook

Operating System- Leopard (10.5.8)

Software used including version number- FCP 6.0, Compressor 3.0, DVD Studio pro 3

Source codec- DV

Destination codec-AVI

Type of destination use-DVD

I still have some troubles figuring out the source codec and the destination codec. What is a good way to make sure I found what the right codecs were?

Thank you

Strada

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 25, 2009 at 9:35:28 pm

I don't understand your workflow.

What's the point of creating and AVI file?

If you needed AVI Compressor is not a good app for that. You're better off using MPEGStreamclip.

Test using a preset (any preset) to make sure there's nothing wrong with Compressor and Quicktime codecs.

Also you should not be on FCP 6.0 and Compressor 3.0. FCP should be 6.0.6 and Compressor 3.0.5 I believe. Updates fix bugs.

Return to posts index

Esthera Preda
on Sep 25, 2009 at 11:03:02 pm

Computer- MacBook
Operating System- Leopard (10.5.8)
Software used including version number- FCP 6.0, Compressor 3.0, DVD Studio pro 3

Source codec- DV
Destination codec- MPEG-2 video elementary stream
Type of destination use-DVD

I re-checked my codecs and I think this might make more sense. Let me know if you thing I'm wrong there.

I've been able to compress it once, I used the setting DVD: Fastest encode 90 min. The only thing is that the quality of the video is really low.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]