FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best FCS Compressor settings for eventual output to FLV?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Medel
Best FCS Compressor settings for eventual output to FLV?
on Sep 23, 2009 at 12:48:49 pm

Hey all, first post here so please bear with me. I'm hoping you can help me out.

I'm using Final Cut Pro 7 to export video projects to Quicktime movies, and from there to Compressor to be exported as 4 different versions. I use "Export As>Quicktime Movie" from FCP because it's faster than QT Conversion and retains quality.

I've been importing the QT movie into Compressor where I've had no problems with the 3 wmv versions I need (low, medium and high quality), but I've hit a snag with the fourth version. Basically, I've been using a customized H.264 preset in Compressor to make a smaller mov version which is then uploaded to the server at work, and from there my boss puts it into the CMS to be converted to various FLV versions, ipod, whatever he needs.

The problem is that suddenly the compressed mov won't convert in the CMS. I must have changed something somewhere because older compressed mov's convert fine; it's only the last bunch of movies I uploaded that won't convert. I've been going nuts trying to figure out what I might have changed but when I compare a newer movie with an older one, everything seems to be the same; video H.264, audio AAC, dimensions are identical and everything.

So I'm starting to think I just need to start from scratch with a new setting. Essentially, I need a setting that will compress the QT movie down to a manageable, uploadable size (while still retaining reasonably acceptable quality) and also allow it to be converted to FLV later. Any help would be greatly appreciated... I'm getting desperate! Thanks in advance!

btw, I'm using FCS3 on a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard. Original footage is DV NTSC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]