FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Compression Advice

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristal Clegg
HD Compression Advice
on Sep 3, 2009 at 5:36:29 pm

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to the business and I'm hoping you all can help me figure out the best HD compression(s) to use. I have a client that's wanting to move from the DV world into the HD universe. They want to produce a b-roll dvd to distribute to various media outlets. Needless to say, the HD compressions need to be compatible with the many kinds of editing software that may be used. (eg. Avid, Final Cut, Vegas) I'm also looking for a compression that is efficient (small file size) so that it can all fit on one dvd. In the past we offered numerous compressions (Avid,DVCpro,FCP,H264) but if we could get away with 1 HD compression that would be compatible with all and efficient, that would be ideal. I know I'm asking a lot but any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: HD Compression Advice
on Sep 3, 2009 at 8:53:22 pm

What are you using to do this; a Mac or PC?

What compression applications do you have?

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

Kristal Clegg
on Sep 3, 2009 at 9:02:43 pm

I'm using a Mac Pro and edit on Final Cut. I have Compressor and Quicktime Pro as well. There are numerous codecs installed, so chances are I should be able to do whatever. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Sep 3, 2009 at 10:28:11 pm

I'd go for Apple ProRes, there's a decoder available for windows too.

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

Kristal Clegg
on Sep 4, 2009 at 7:49:23 pm

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]