FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem w/ Compressor v.2.0.1

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Slenker
problem w/ Compressor v.2.0.1
on Sep 2, 2009 at 9:09:37 pm

Hey guys,
I know, my version of Compressor is old but it's worked like a champ for so long. Plus, I don't edit w/ FCP (I edit w/ Media 100 Suite) so how could I upgrade? I got Compressor Academic v.2.0 w/ DVD Studio Pro 4 a few years ago.

Anyway, I have the infamous problem "unable to connect to background process" error when trying to convert any files. This just started happening....possibly since upgrading to OSX 10.5.8. ??

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Here's what I've done so far to no avail
:
If this issue occurs with Compressor 2, go to /Library/Receipts and, if found, drag the following files to the Trash:

* Compressor.pkg
* Qmaster_Applications.pkg
* Qmaster_Frameworks.pkg
* Qmaster_Plugins.pkg
* Qmaster_Services.pkg

Then, go to /Applications and, if found, drag the following files to the Trash:

* Compressor
* Apple QMaster
* Apple Qadministrator

From your install disc, reinstall Compressor and Apple Qmaster (in custom install window, make sure that Compressor and Apple Qmaster items are checked). Once you have reinstalled the Compressor and QMaster applications and services, install all updates using Software Update and restart your computer.

Return to posts index

Robert Slenker
Re: problem w/ Compressor v.2.0.1
on Sep 2, 2009 at 9:46:19 pm

Actually, I must confess that when trying to upgrade from Qmaster 2.0 to 2.0.1, the install never finishes. I requires a restart and before restarting it goes into an installation process but the Mac doesn't finish it before beginning a restart. Thus, after the restart, I'm still at v.2.0. ?? I've tried about 8 times.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Sep 2, 2009 at 9:52:47 pm

Try this:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/compressor_repair.htm

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

Robert Slenker
on Sep 3, 2009 at 2:31:21 am

sorry, I forgot to mention I already tried that and it said "advised to reinstall compressor/qmaster.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Sep 3, 2009 at 6:03:18 am

Next step is to use Appzapper or even better CleanApp to remove all traces of compressor and Qmaster restart, repair permissions and then reinstall.

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

Femi Adesoye
on Sep 22, 2009 at 8:50:44 am

Pls. help me, somebody out there. Compressor is driving me crazy.
I have had my Mac for four years now. I thought I was comfortable with FinalCutpro and Compressor, but I have spent the last two days tying to figure out what went wrong. Each time I tried to tried to submit a batch to be rendered in Compressor it gives this message. It's driving me nuts.
Please Help!

Femi

Pls. help me, somebody out there. Compressor is driving me crazy.
I have had my Mac for four years now. I thought I was comfortable with FinalCutpro and Compressor, but I have spent the last two days tying to figure out what went wrong. Each time I tried to tried to submit a batch to be rendered in Compressor it gives this message. It's driving me nuts.
Please Help!

Femi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]