FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio levels on output.

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Mooney
Audio levels on output.
on Aug 25, 2009 at 7:34:03 pm

We are using Compressor / Flip for Mac to compress a series of WMV files. I noticed that the output audio level seems to be low. I have the audio boosted in FCP as high as it will go. I notice their is no filter in the WMV encoder that adjusts audio output levels. Their is a filter labeled "dynamic range" and that has a master gain. The 3 settings are "soften above", "noise threshold" and "master gain". Could I zero the first 2 and then just play with the gain to get more level. The output of my final movie plays very low on a laptop computer. Thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Audio levels on output.
on Aug 25, 2009 at 10:34:22 pm

A bit more information would help, e.g. what settings you are using for the audio?

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

Tom Mooney
on Aug 27, 2009 at 9:51:30 pm

The Flip for Mac export in compressor let's you set the bit rate, I am using 128 k setting. The Flip for Mac exporter does not have any seetings to boost volume. I set my output levels in FCP as high as it would go.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Aug 27, 2009 at 10:05:01 pm

I have never heard of this happening before. (sorry for the pun)

Please check the setting of your devices. Next try exporting to something other than WMV. If the problem persists then the problem lies outside of your Flip4mac compression workflow.

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]