FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stock Motion DVDs

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Stone
Stock Motion DVDs
on Aug 25, 2009 at 9:53:15 am

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to create stock motion backgrounds in After Effects and distribute them on DVDs. I was wondering whether anyone could give me some advice on the best format for wide use. I was thinking High-quality Quicktime files, would anyone disagree?

Also, and this is on the basis I go with QT, I've rendered out a few of my backgrounds (in QT based on Lossless), and they've been about 60mb (for 15-30sec clip) which has seemed fine. However, the colour seems a little washed out. I discovered if I rendered out with the animation codec it restored the brilliant colours and deepest blacks, which is obviously what I want. However, the file size spirals to over 600mb. Given that I want to create a DVD with approx 30-40 clips on, this is unusable. Again, could anyone assist in this matter? I know it essentially boils down to the age-old question of quality vs size and for that I apologise! I just thought there would be other people out there doing the same thing?

I'm using AE CS4 on a Windows Vista 32-bit PC, with 2.6ghz Quad core processors and 8gb RAM.

Ryan

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Stock Motion DVDs
on Aug 25, 2009 at 10:31:37 am

I'd personally plump for using the Quicktime PhotoJPEG codec with the quality slider set to 100% - this gives you 4:4:4 colour.

1 second with the Animation codec is 20.3MB
1 second with the 'None' codec is 30MB
1 second with the PhotoJPEG codec is 7.7MB

You could also experiment with PNG.

More here:

http://codecs.onerivermedia.com/

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

Ryan Stone
Re: Stock Motion DVDs
on Aug 26, 2009 at 12:12:16 pm

Thanks Daniel, just trying out the Photo Jpeg codec now.

Ryan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]