FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Qmaster issues after trying to set up cluster w/ services?!

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kapleton
Apple Qmaster issues after trying to set up cluster w/ services?!
on Aug 18, 2009 at 1:07:26 am

Hello,

SO after trying to set up a an apple qmaster render farm at the post house I am working at I no longer am able to just use my MacPro as its own 8 core quickcluster - the drop down is no longer available in Compressor when i try to start a job using all my cores?!! I have tried the resetting trick on the start/stop sharing button as well as restarting my computer but nothing seems to work.

So at this post facility where at night there are about 11 stations with FCP usually available and not being used so I went to first set up a render farm but realized it was more of an IT person's job (Xsan is beyond my scope) so I then decided to just do the basic quick cluster with services version thinking it would see the other computers - this also did not work.

I set all the other computers besides my own to be services and set my macpro as the controller - long story short nothing worked so i gave up on it...now i just want to make my computer be able to use all its cores but when i go to select my cluster in compressor its not there - i only can use the "my computer" option.

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on?!

thank you in advance

Sean

Return to posts index

Brian Alexander
Re: Apple Qmaster issues after trying to set up cluster w/ services?!
on Aug 22, 2009 at 10:41:15 pm

Here are some ideas off the top of my head:

1. Make sure that "Share" button is selected under Compressor Services.

2. Make sure that your Shared Cluster storage has a valid path with NO spaces in the name. You should change the name of your Root drive from Macintosh HD to Macintosh_HD. No Spaces! This bug may have been fixed recently but I haven't updated yet so I'm not sure if a fix has been implemented yet.

3. Reset services (sounds like you've already done that).

4. Reset Background Processing. This is in the Compressor Menu Bar under Compressor.

5. Restart your computer.

After resetting and re-Starting Services, does the Stop button immediately appear or does it hang until you restart the QMaster Preference Pane?

Have you already solved your issue?

--
Brian Alexander
Sr Video Engineer
Freeman AVS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]