FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor "Unknown Remaining"

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Beckman
Compressor "Unknown Remaining"
on Aug 14, 2009 at 8:24:56 pm

Hi All,

I have been trolling the net, looking at every forum possible, and have surmised that just about everyone has had some trouble using Compressor 3.5 with Qmaster.

I have two machines. One is an 8 core Nahalem Processor, and it works just fine with qmaster when I create a quick cluster with 16 instances. It works fast, and really well.

My other machine is an 8 core intel, not as new, but no slouch in the sack either. When I use the same settings to create a quickcluster, I am getting some crazy results.

The attached image shows an error that reads "unknown remaining" from Batch Monitor. On my good machine, all segments start to render at the same time, not say "unknown remaining"

I have chosen quick cluster, tried 4 and 8 instances, I have deleted prefs, i have tried managed/unmanaged option in qmaster sys prefs. I have noticed that on occasion, I get processor activity to run free, at other times, I get 30-40% of most of my processors to work.

So in short, one computer works just fine, the other does not compress files using a cluster.

Any advice?

Anyone have the same readout? Anything fix it?

As i said, I have tried deleting prefs, most permeatations of quickcluster vs manually created cluster using quadministrato.

I am trying to create an apple quicktime h.264 video. I have saved my final cut file as a quicktime video with current settings (tried both pro res and h.264 for codec, no change), all signs point to either compressor or qmaster... right?

If you have any ideas, I would love to try them, I just want this machine to work with compressor, and I would like to avoid reinstalling.

Last note, using fcs3, upgraded two weeks ago. the fact that one machine looks good, and the other machine does not, given same setups, makes me worried.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]