FORUMS: list search recent posts

odd movie properties

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan freshman
odd movie properties
on Aug 12, 2009 at 7:41:10 pm

Please help me get rid of this for the love of god: I only want one set of movie properties, not two.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: odd movie properties
on Aug 12, 2009 at 8:06:40 pm

Might you have a 2nd layer of video. Have you looked in Show Movie Properties rather than Inspector?

Return to posts index

dan freshman
on Aug 12, 2009 at 8:08:28 pm

yes i have and I do have multiple video/audio tracks. Any way to get rid of those besides unchecking them which seems to do bad things to my movie

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 12, 2009 at 8:26:32 pm

I vaguely remember there was some way to flatten the movie using save I think. I could be wrong on this though. You could try exporting it to another codec such as H.264 .mov

Return to posts index

dan freshman
on Aug 12, 2009 at 8:28:03 pm

its actually a reference file, would that still work?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 12, 2009 at 8:33:03 pm

Save as self contained.

Return to posts index

dan freshman
on Aug 12, 2009 at 8:39:19 pm

I can't really do that...it infringes on part of the process of why these refernce files are created...the reference file references a concatenation of quicktime movies that when imported into DVDsp, if there are multiple video/audio tracks, becomes unable to be put in the timeline. I will have to go through each movie and export to a different codec to 'flatten'. I feel like i've tried that and it hasn't worked...i will post if that happens. I appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Aug 13, 2009 at 10:13:10 am

If it's a reference file, why are you concerned about the number of tracks? The whole point of a reference file is to point to multiple individual parts or sections of media.

Reference files are nearly always used to easily move media between applications, avoiding the unncessary duplication and/or flattening of that media. The destination application will nearly always be creating a different (new) file from those references.

What is your particular workflow here?

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

dan freshman
on Aug 13, 2009 at 2:32:43 pm

Our work flow is we get a list of movies clips from our producers to create a DVD from. We use QuickTime Coffee to concatenate those clips into one movie which is a reference file of those clips. We bring it into DVDsp and author the DVD. This is our problem:

That the audio and video tracks do not line up; the audio track is longer. We had figured this was b/c of the multiple audio and video tracks contained w/ in it but now i'm not even sure; as every concatenated movie has multiple a/v tracks and this problem only shows up randomly; seemingly w/ out any predictability. We can fix it by making a self contained mp2 in compressor but this takes a lot of time and using just the reference file saves a ton of time.

thanks for any ideas,
dan

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Aug 13, 2009 at 3:00:25 pm

Although DVDSP and compressor use the same engine for MPEG-2 compression, compressor has the ability to produce higher quality output and should also take less time to do the transcode than DVDSP does.

In addition you can set up batches in compressor.

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

dan freshman
on Aug 13, 2009 at 3:03:56 pm

ya, I agree and have thought about committing to that approach. The down side is it creates a large break in the middle of the project to encode instead of at the end, which seems insignificant but this process has to be done so often it seems best to do it at the end. Just a workflow preference some people prefer i guess. Also...this problem w/ the a/v tracks not lining up is so intermittent that it is the only road block left, and it is incredibly frustrating that we can't fine a solution

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]