FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression help using Compressor

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Nunez
Compression help using Compressor
on Aug 12, 2009 at 5:11:40 pm

Hey how's it going, I am working with a client that is having me do broadcast settings. I'v never done output to broadcast on my own so I am a bit lost. I got a list saying how to create my settings, only thing is the final part is telling me to use Sorenson Squeeze when I don't have it.

I use Final Cut and I do have Compressor. I was hoping to ask the forum if I would be able to create this compression using Compressor. Here is the instructions they gave me if I used Sorenson Squeeze.

I hope you guys can push me on the right direction! :)

After you export from Final Cut, bring it into Sorensen Squeeze and follow the listed below

1. Using Sorenson Squeeze (our version is 4.5.700.1), drag QuickTime reference movie into Sorenson.
2. Select MPEG-1/2 drop down, Select "DVD_NTSC_LG" by dragging that to the QT reference movie
3. Double click on the DVD_NTSC_LG to open up it preferences.
4. Set as follows: format constraints: DVD (MPEG2); stream type: Program; Codec: MPEG-2 Video; Method: 1-pass CBR; data rate: 9570; format: NTSC; frame size: 720 x 480; frame rate: 29.97; aspect ratio: 4:3; field encoding: bottom field first (for Avid); I frame rate: 15

5. I saved and renamed the setting “Digi-Delivery” or “Ad Sales”, so it can be found quickly in the list of compression options.
6. press ok & then squeeze it

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compression help using Compressor
on Aug 12, 2009 at 6:40:59 pm

You don;t say what version of compressor you have but in compressor 3.x:

Start with the preset "MPEG-2 6.2Mbps 1-pass" found in the folder DVD: 'Fastest Encode 90 minutes'.

Duplicate the setting and double click it.

You can now edit the setting to the exact same ones that are listed above in the inspector.

'I frame rate: 15' in Squeeze = 'GOP size' in compressor

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

Carlos Nunez
on Aug 13, 2009 at 1:37:22 pm

Thanks for taking the time, I have Compressor 3.0.4 i think. Def 3.?.? . I compressed something out with a multipass, did the settings like it said on the list. Im getting 2 files, dolby audio file and a mpeg2 file. Should the files be 2 different ones, or is there a way to get audio into the mpeg2 file?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Aug 13, 2009 at 1:48:44 pm

You want to choose Program stream, rather than elementary.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/compressor/usermanual/index.html#chapter=...

"4. Set as follows: format constraints: DVD (MPEG2); stream type: Program;
"

Your client does not mention a setting for audio, you might want to check with them.

Return to posts index

Carlos Nunez
on Aug 13, 2009 at 1:51:37 pm

thanks so much for the help! It said "Multiplexed MPEG 1/Layer 2-Audio" and I was able to see that in the Extras area. I just submitted one with Transport Stream. Is there a big difference between transport stream vs program?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Aug 13, 2009 at 2:16:59 pm

Yes, as detailed in the link I sent:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/compressor/usermanual/index.html#chapter=...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]