FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MC > Squeeze > FCE settings

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Miller
Avid MC > Squeeze > FCE settings
on Aug 12, 2009 at 12:05:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I have some footage I need to take out of Avid Media Composer and put into Final Cut Express (long story!). I'm going to use Sorenson Squeeze, but am just wondering what the best settings would be to use in Squeeze please? I'd rather the footage didn't need rendered when i brought it into FCE.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Simon

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Avid MC > Squeeze > FCE settings
on Aug 12, 2009 at 4:43:58 pm

More details on what you Avid settings are would determine what codec to transcode them to for FCP.

And...:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/20/862073

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

Simon Miller
on Aug 12, 2009 at 5:01:19 pm

Ah ok, sorry about that!

The footage has been captured into AVID Media Composer (on a PC) at DV50 resolution, PAL. It's 16:9 footage.

I'm basically cutting a showreel for a presenter at home using Final Cut Express 3.5. The output will be a DVD, so quality would just have to be up to that standard. I've already taken some footage in which was captured off DVD using MPEG Streamclip and then made into a Quicktime file using Apple DV codecs.

I'm pretty sure Sorenson Squeeze doesn't include the Apple DV Codecs, so I'm looking for DVD quality footage out of it which I can play and edit in FCE 3.5 without having to render it. I was planning on exporting from AVID as a Quicktime Reference File, and then using Squeeze to convert that file for import into FCE.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Aug 12, 2009 at 5:53:54 pm

Squeeze on a PC won;t be able to access DV50 on windows but you should be able to access Quicktime DV25 if you think that would be good enough.

Any alternative like the PhotoJPEG codec will need to be rendered, but it would be very quick on a MacPro.

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]