FORUMS: list search recent posts

WMV Studio Pro HD Question

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Mooney
WMV Studio Pro HD Question
on Aug 11, 2009 at 4:34:03 pm

I have a group of several hundred clips that we need to convert to WMV files. We are using WMV Studio Pro HD out of FCP. I have run into an issue with rendering times and we are not sure what is going on. If I render a file straight off the timeline it takes a certain amount of time. I would like to make reference files for all the clips and then set up batches in Compressor to run over the weekend. When I tried exporting out of compressor with the same exact specs the files took twice as long to render. Any reason? Why would Compressor run slower with the same exact software. We are doing this project on older G5 dual 2gig; not sure if that matters. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: WMV Studio Pro HD Question
on Aug 12, 2009 at 11:32:09 am

Could it be that you are using settings in compressor that are not available or are more computationally intensive than those in Studio Pro...Deinterlacing and resizing methods for example? Are both set to the same number of passes?

Do your reference files use the exact FCP sequence settings?

Steve Ballmer To USA Today

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]