FORUMS: list search recent posts

Calculating Total Length of DVD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greig Johnson
Calculating Total Length of DVD
on Jul 24, 2009 at 3:41:37 pm

Hi

I'm using Compressor for the first time and am unsure about how to calculate the total time of all the combined movies I'd like to put onto my dvd. It's six short films, three of which will have Storyboard/Animatic comparisons as Angle 2, five of which will have commentaries, and all of which will have subtitles.

I understand that a 15min film equals 15mins on the dvd, but does an additional 15min Audio track (i.e. a commentary) also equal a full 15mins of disc time?

Similarly, how do I calculate the size of a subtitle track?

Thanks,
Greig Johnson.

Return to posts index

Ed Dooley
Re: Calculating Total Length of DVD
on Jul 25, 2009 at 1:51:44 pm

The first thing you do (and this is the most important part), is do a search!
Googling bitrate calculator for DVD will turn up all kinds of answers.
Here's just one:
http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

Ed

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Calculating Total Length of DVD
on Jul 26, 2009 at 5:36:18 pm

Place all your assets in DVD Studio Pro, set them up correctly including additional audio tracks, angles and layers and DVDSP will calculate the total running time for you.

There are no significant bugs in our released software that any significant number of users want fixed. … I'm saying we don't do a new version to fix bugs. We don't. Not enough people would buy it. You can take a hundred people using Microsoft Word. Call them up and say "Would you buy a new version because of bugs?" You won't get a single person to say they'd buy a new version because of bugs. We'd never be able to sell a release on that basis.

Bill Gates. Focus Magazine No. 43 (23 October 1995)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]