FORUMS: list search recent posts

encoding question - using imovie and adobe encoder

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Gwydir
encoding question - using imovie and adobe encoder
on Jul 20, 2009 at 9:05:54 pm

Ok - I am new to all of this and reading this forum to figure out everything. I am using imovie on my mac to edit my video then I need to get it into flash in order to get it to my streaming service provider.

When I complete my project in imovie I have several "share" options - export movie (gets me .mv4), export using quick time (gets me .mov) and another I have never attempted to use. Is there a "better" choice here?

My next step is a to encode to flash using the adobe encoder from my CS4.

First questions - is it a 2 step process to get to flash? First export out of imovie then use encoder?
Second question - is one export form type better than another for my needs? I am doing sports video with a lot of movement.
Third - is there a better way than what I am doing.

Help and thanks in advance - I am not sure what I would do without this forum. I have learned so much from reading the posts.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: encoding question - using imovie and adobe encoder
on Jul 20, 2009 at 10:22:45 pm

1. Yes, it's a two step process.

2. Export as a .mov and choose the PhotoJPEG codec at 100%.

3. Yes, use Episode rather than Adobe media encoder

Return to posts index

Kim Gwydir
on Jul 21, 2009 at 12:52:27 am

I am looking at the photo-jpeg codec and it gives me compressor options for quaity - when you say 100% you mean I should set this to best? Then it gives me an options button which leads to a pop-up box that gives "optimizing for streaming" I assume I should check that?

Thanks for the help I dont know where I would be without this forum- I will download Episode tonight - any hints for that step?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jul 21, 2009 at 6:18:08 am

[Kim Gwydir] "Then it gives me an options button which leads to a pop-up box that gives "optimizing for streaming" I assume I should check that?"

Not you don't need to check that as you are not streaming the file but just taking it into Media Encoder

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]