FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing Freeze Frames

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arnout Gischler
Compressing Freeze Frames
on Jul 11, 2009 at 4:21:50 am

I've made a movie in FCP which includes several freeze frames(each 20 frames in PAL). When I compress the movie with "Compressor" everything is ok except the freeze frames. They have some chunks of flickering pixels all over them. I've did a test to see if it was a 1 time problem but it isn't. If you export freeze frames from FCP 6.06 to Compressor and compress them they don't compress as a movie does. Is anybody familiar with this problem and therefor has a solution.
I work with HDV movie material.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compressing Freeze Frames
on Jul 13, 2009 at 9:17:58 am

Please give exact details of the settings you used in compressor and exact details of your source.

Return to posts index

Arnout Gischler
on Jul 16, 2009 at 8:53:15 am

First I explain the freeze frames. The frames I freeze are the first frames where a flash light starts to take off from a camera which makes a picture. So the actual freeze is the flash for 20 frames and then there's some movie and then another flash freeze. This process repeats itself a few times. I found out that I have to use the De-Interlace video filter on the freeze frames. But I have to check every individual freeze frame for the right settings in the filter. Some of the freeze frames must have the filter setting "Field - Upper" and some others "Field - Lower". Therefore this problem has to be tackled first in FCP because it is impossible to change De-Interlace field (as far as I know) settings in Compressor for individual clips/frames. I think the difference in field settings in FCP have something to do with the bright flash light which is build in a frame, one time, in the upper fields and another in the lower fields. Otherwise I don't have an explanation for the differences.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jul 16, 2009 at 1:39:32 pm

Use compressors frame control deinterlace rather than the deinterlace filter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]