FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion lines!

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Benassi
Motion lines!
on Jun 30, 2009 at 6:16:47 am

I am trying to export my SD project (DVPRO-NTSC, 29.97 frame rate, frame size 720x480) from Final Cut Pro 6 to Compressor 3.0.5. However, in both the preview window in Compressor and the final compressed product (in this case a MPEG2 file using 'Best quality 90 mins DVD') I get motion lines. They are really noticeable in the credits which use the typewriter effect, but can be seen the in the whole movie whenever something moves. They small horizontal lines that appear at the edges of the moving objects. In Final Cut, my project is set for 'Field Dominance: Lower (even)' and in Compressor my inspector window shows 'Native field dominance: bottom first' so i think they should be compatible.
The weird thing is that when I export my project to a quicktime movie file it plays back fine, with no motion problems. I haven't tried burning the Compressed file to DVD yet so I can check it out on something other than my computer, cuz I here that can be the problem.
Also, Compressor previews my 16x9 movie as 4x3, is there any way to change that too?
Thanks for the help! Let me know if you need more info.

David

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Motion lines!
on Jun 30, 2009 at 6:50:46 am

Burn it to DVD, it should be fine.

Return to posts index

David Benassi
on Jul 1, 2009 at 12:44:30 am

I did, and the picture is fine for the most part, but there are still visible lines in the text when shown on a computer monitor (my IMAC 2005, though my HD TV seems to be fine). Does this have to do with interlacing..? How can I solve this?

David

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jul 1, 2009 at 11:27:29 am

It does have to do with fields/interlacing.

What application have you used on the iMac to view the DVD?

[David Benassi] "How can I solve this"

Where do you want this DVD to be viewed? On a standard TV or on a computer screen or both?

Return to posts index

David Benassi
on Jul 1, 2009 at 8:49:56 pm

I want the DVD to be viewed on both a computer screen and TV screen. I'm viewing it in IDVD, and for the most part its fine, especially when de-interlacing is enabled, but I do still see interlacing problems in the credits (which are white with a black background and use the 'typewriter' function to be displayed across the screen). The DVD is definitely fine on TV, but I want to know that it will look fine no matter where its played.

David

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jul 1, 2009 at 9:46:23 pm

View the DVD using the Apple DVD player application (as others will do - or the equivalent on Windows), that'll deinterlace it for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]