FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add black head and tail on WMV

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mats Jacobsson
Add black head and tail on WMV
on Jun 29, 2009 at 9:12:55 am

Hello to you!

I do a lot of Quicktime-rendering from After Effects.

From this QT-file I always do a compressed wmv-file to email the costumers.

What I would like is to add one second of black in head and tail onto the wmv-movie.

Is there an app that lets you do that? I've tried Adobe Media Encoder, Sorensen and older versions of Canopus.

Any other techniques?

What I most often do now is to import the qt-movie into After Effects and add the extra seconds in a new comp and render it as a wmv, but it would be great to be able to do that automatically.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Craig Seeman
Re: Add black head and tail on WMV
on Jun 29, 2009 at 3:11:06 pm

Telestream Episode has a Bumper/Trailer feature that allows you to add a clip preceding and postceding the clip your encoding. I'm not sure if that fits with your workflow but it could mean you can setups a template and do a batch encode with it.

Return to posts index

Mats Jacobsson
on Jun 30, 2009 at 1:29:34 pm

Thanks! The demo worked fine. It's quite expensive, though.

/M

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 30, 2009 at 2:44:05 pm

Standard version is $495. It's on sale until midnight tonight June 30. 25% off which is just over $120 off.
It's not any more expensive than other professional compression apps.

See the tweet I got for the coupon code.
http://twitter.com/episodedesktop

Return to posts index

Mats Jacobsson
on Jun 30, 2009 at 6:42:18 pm

Oh, I missed the discount, and you're right about the price. It's just that I'm used to get one for free when we're buying apps like Avid or an Adobe-package. I think I have to think about it and talk it over with my boss :).

Thanks for your help!

/M

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 30, 2009 at 8:35:12 pm

Discount ends tonight at midnight I think.

I don't think Episode (or its predecessor) was ever included free with any package. The now EOL Cleaner was in a light version long before AutoDesk apparently bought it and eventually stopped development.
Having a good compression app should be a "maybe" issue. It's which one especially if you need any kind of batch encoding.

Return to posts index

Mats Jacobsson
on Jun 30, 2009 at 9:06:22 pm

I don't think Episode is included anywhere either. With Avid you get Sorensen and With Adobe you get Adobe Media Encoder. Booth are good compression apps with batch-features. They do however miss the add head and tail-function I'd like to have. But to buy Episode just to get that function, when having two fully working compression apps might be a bit unnecessary, at least from my boss's point of view. But I will try after his summer holiday.

/M

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 30, 2009 at 9:18:27 pm

I haven't used Avid in a few years. It used to come with Cleaner.

Episode has many unique features. You're seeing one example with this feature. Of course you can't beat free (except when labor hour costs increase because of a feature the included app doesn't have).

Squeeze is good though. I haven't used Adobe's apps lately but I hear it's not really in the same league as Squeeze or Episode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]