FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressed Video - Motion Lines Appear

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anil Rij
Compressed Video - Motion Lines Appear
on Jun 22, 2009 at 4:35:19 pm

The video I work with have SD Video and HD Video in the same sequence. When I compress the video in Apple Compressor with Best Quality 120 Minutes and make the M2V and Ac3 files and bring to DVD SP to DVD Authoring, in the SD Video - Motion lines appear when actors moves. Please advice how I can remove the Motion lines.

Return to posts index

Brian Alexander
Re: Compressed Video - Motion Lines Appear
on Jun 22, 2009 at 5:50:37 pm

View this on a CRT or some other Video Display (DVD player connected to a plasma or LCD monitor). Do not use your computer monitor to troubleshoot interlacing issues.

If you burn your DVD or create your ts folder, you can open your movie in DVD Player and enable the deinterlace filter but you really should be looking at this with the correct monitor.

If you are creating this specifically for DVD I would suggest that you resize your HD footage to an SD frame size in Compressor then use the 2 SD sources in Final Cut to edit with. If your sequence settings are set for HD then you would essentially be scaling your SD video to an HD frame size then scaling back down to fit DVD 720 x 480. It's a shame to be throwing all the HD quality away for a DVD (IMHO).

Let us know what you do to solve your issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]