FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression Issue On Audio Only

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Saliga
Compression Issue On Audio Only
on Jun 10, 2009 at 6:22:21 pm

The company I work for creates some video content that is intended to be used in churches. We create this content, I compress a high quality H.264 to upload to the content distribution site where they have their own compression system. Apparently their system is automated and it outputs a WMV and an MP4 to their specs.

I have a Compressor preset that I use for all media I upload to them. H.264 with quality set to high, 1280x720, progressive output... The audio is set to encode as AAC 44.1kHz at 144kbps.

The issue occurs when they attempt to create the compressions that they distribute, which I believe are set up to work well with the presentation software they sell. Either way, in the compressions they create the audio drops out after seven seconds.

If there is a simple explanation, please let me know. If not I'm not too concerned since the issue sounds like it's on their end, not mine. Just wondered if there was something simple I may be overlooking.

-Andrew Saliga

Steelehouse Productions
http://www.steelehouse.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compression Issue On Audio Only
on Jun 11, 2009 at 9:33:27 am

That's a very low data rate for stereo(?) AAC audio used with HD video content. Other than that, there's very little information to determine what's going wrong where.

Return to posts index

Andrew Saliga
Re: Compression Issue On Audio Only
on Jun 11, 2009 at 3:01:21 pm

Yeah, I understand there's not much info to work with.

No worries. This company is apparently having similar problems with media from other production houses, so it seems like it's an issue on their end. When I spoke on the phone with one of them he said something about their founder coded his own proprietary encoder or something. I'd say the issue is there.

I guess they want to re-encode to ensure that the content works with their presentation software. I'd rather handle in all on my end.

As for the audio data rate, I'll check that out. I think I labeled my preset wrong in Compressor because that is very small.

Thanks for all your help Daniel. You contribute so much to the compression forum.

-Andrew Saliga

Steelehouse Productions
http://www.steelehouse.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]