FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTSC to PAL with Procoder 3

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Garcia
NTSC to PAL with Procoder 3
on Jun 8, 2009 at 3:36:36 pm

Hello,

I need to convert some MPEG-2 Ntsc footage to DV PAL (don't care if it's avi or mov). I'm using Canopus Procoder 3 but i can't find the exact settings to make it good enough. The pans are not fluid (being fluid in the original ntsc footage) or i get interlacing artifacts alla around. Any suggestions on thye procoder settings?

Thanx a lot

Ivan

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: NTSC to PAL with Procoder 3
on Jun 10, 2009 at 11:05:10 am

Try changing the field (interlacing) order

Return to posts index

Ivan Garcia
on Jun 11, 2009 at 9:25:15 am

Thanx for your help, but finally i solved it out with lots of try and error. I used the Film Decode tickbox on the source and applied the Adaptative Deinterlace filter (also on the source) and selected 25p mov as target. It works very well and hope someone who has the same issue can use this settings.

Thanx to all

Ivan

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jun 11, 2009 at 9:36:22 am

Thanks for posting that back - however it would be interesting to find a solution that didn't require a deinterlace step.

Return to posts index

Ivan Garcia
on Jun 11, 2009 at 10:27:44 am

Every time i tried to use interlaced video I had issues, even mantaining the field order, but i'll give it another try in the future

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]