FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 3 questions - web streaming

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nrsingha Caitanya Dasa
Compressor 3 questions - web streaming
on Jun 4, 2009 at 1:33:05 am

I am new to the world of video compression and every thing else that comes along with it. Recently i have been getting some experiance w/ FCP and now need to get some experience with compression. I have access to a computer w/ Compressor 3 but i dont know enough to use it and get the results iam looking for.

The main problem iam facing now is how to get a fair quality (not necessarily crystal clear) video compressed for the web that can stream and hopefully average out at about 1.5 mb per minute at 400 x 300 dimesnions. I was shown some settings before that did this but it seems that i have either accidently changed them or they just dont work like they used too. I know it ssems wierd to suggest that they would suddenly stop working like they used to but it actually seems like this must be the case and oddly my friend started experianceing the same thing w/ the same settings.

These are the settings i used to use when exporting through Final cut using Quick Time conversion:
Format: Quick Time Movie
Compression type: H.264
Frame Rate: 24
Key frames: 100
Data rate: 180
size: 400 x 300

This used to make ok quality video with the size at approx. 1.5 mb per min. but it doesnt seem to do that anymore(????). Anyway if any one has any experiance or advice that can help please let me know.

These are some other questions I have:

• In Compressor there are preset Apple settings and within those there is a folder for web and then for streaming. Do only these settings stream or are they just optimized for streaming? What constitutes a streamable file and can any of the other Apple presets also stream (if so which ones) ?

• Are there adavantages to using Adobe Media Encoder over Compressor, or are there other good programs that can be recommended ?

• Where can i read in a simplified or summarized way what all the comppressions terms mean, what the settings do, and which formats are ideal for what purposes etc.?

Thanking everyone in advance

ncd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]