FORUMS: list search recent posts

Distributed Processing x264 with QMaster

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Alexander
Distributed Processing x264 with QMaster
on May 27, 2009 at 3:15:13 pm

Has anyone been able to successfully use distributed processing with the x264Encoder?

I keep getting errors that the codec is not installed on one of my service node machines but I know the codec is there.

After a long fought battle with QMaster and QAdministrator I am finally running a successful render farm. All of my systems are up to date and everything works perfect with the supported multi-thread codecs. I just can't seem to get x264 to work and I imagine it's not supported but I thought I'd ask the rest of the community.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Distributed Processing x264 with QMaster
on May 27, 2009 at 9:47:05 pm

Although they have distributed x264 processing working on Windows via the a command line, I've not seen it on Mac or via GUI.
Open source stuff rarely gets any kind of development work done by a big corporate due to the ways and means of OSS. (If a company like Apple makes something like x264 'Farm-enabled' via a GUI would mean that they have to release ALL the source code to the public).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]