FORUMS: list search recent posts

help - from nice to junk: m2t to mpeg-2 via Sorenson or Procoder to DVD via DVDit

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Giddens
help - from nice to junk: m2t to mpeg-2 via Sorenson or Procoder to DVD via DVDit
on May 18, 2009 at 6:15:54 pm

Hello,

Everything I've attempted in taking HDV to DVD has resulted in junk (I know there will be loss, but I get the feeling I could probably make a minor adjustment for major improvement...I just can't seem to discover the trick).

On a PC, starting with a .m2t file that looks immaculate, I compress to mpeg-2 using either Sorenson Squeeze or Procoder. I've used all kinds of setting combinations (CBR vs. VBR, Bottom vs. Top Field First, De-Interlacing vs. Not, etc. etc.).

At this point, the images in the resulting files are blurry and/or pixellated (even on shots with little to no movement).

Just to keep going, I use DVDit Pro to author DVDs (again, here I've tried various setting combinations such as CBR vs. VBR).

Does anyone have thoughts on where I may be going wrong, suggestions as to what settings you would use, or possibly even your specs should you use the same or similar workflow.

Thank you in advance to any that respond, and thank you to all who have posted before.

Chris

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: help - from nice to junk: m2t to mpeg-2 via Sorenson or Procoder to DVD via DVDit
on May 18, 2009 at 6:47:35 pm

Any chance of post a before and after screen grab, just so we know what differences you are seeing?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]