FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mpeg2 export query

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Torti
Mpeg2 export query
on May 18, 2009 at 5:42:22 pm

Hey all,

I have a video file which has a frame size of 848 x 480. I am trying to create an mpeg2 of this, maintaining the original frame size (no letterboxed 720 as an option). I having extreme difficulty in figuring out this problem.

I have tested the following programs with no success:

Adobe After Effects 7 (error in rendering a 848 frame size)
Quicktime 7 (no Mpeg2 export option)
Compressor (only renders with 720 letterbox, no adjustment of frame size on mpeg2)
Mpeg Streamclip (no Mpeg2 option)
Compressor (only renders with 720 letterbox)
Squeeze (invalid horizontal size of 848)
and
Cleaner XL (cannot adjust frame size from 720x480)

Do you have a suggestion on another program to use, or a way to troubleshoot either After Effects or Compressor? I can use either Mac or PC.

I know 848 x 480 is a strange frame size, especially for a mpeg2, but its what the client wants and if history has taught me a lesson, its deliver according to client specifications.

Let me know, a response today would be most helpful.

- Matt

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Mpeg2 export query
on May 18, 2009 at 6:46:00 pm

MPEG-2 does not support a frame size of 848x480, the maximum horizontal dimension for SD material is 720

So, transcode to a frame size of 720x480 and set the output frame aspect ratio to 16:9. This is easy to do in compressor, Squeeze and cleaner

This will only play back as letterboxed on a 4:3 display but will fill the screen (just) on a 16:9 display.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]