FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor is being WEIRD!!

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lisa rolley
Compressor is being WEIRD!!
on May 14, 2009 at 9:21:44 pm

Hey Compression people : )

I started a new job at a post-house and there have been some very strange issues with DVDSP & Compressor which have bitten me in the behind when of course time is of the essence and a messenger is waiting.

1) When I drag a D1 asset into Compressor the inspector always defaults to progressive which has created flicker issues on dvd builds out of DVDSP - i was able to resolve the problem once by manually setting it to bottom in inspector window BUT this time around it still created this issue and I had to use DVDSP to do the encoding - scary i know!! I have never had these issues before and its really bugging me.

I am new at this job now and my co-worker is saying she always just uses DVDSP for encoding and has the assets locally not off the XSAN (because there are some type of permissions issues specifically with DVDSP) both of which seem wrong to me.

I dont understand why both of these issues are happening and I just want to use Compressor (and all of my 8 cores) to encode for dvd and also work off of the SAN as i always have.

Please let mek now people if you have heard of either of these issues before.

Thank you

Lisa

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compressor is being WEIRD!!
on May 14, 2009 at 10:11:25 pm

Lisa, do a search here at he COW, there are loads of issues, not that different to yours, with compressor.

As each professional setup is very different and without knowing about it in its details it's nearly impossible to remotely troubleshoot

Return to posts index

lisa rolley
Re: Compressor is being WEIRD!!
on May 14, 2009 at 10:59:08 pm

yeah i did searches - and no luck - anyone have some helpful advise / thoughts.

i am on a fully updated mac pro system btw...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]