FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preserving Closed Captions with Compressor

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenny Reff
Preserving Closed Captions with Compressor
on May 13, 2009 at 7:15:03 pm

I have a tape with closed caption info embedded in line 21. After being digitized, it's still there, but when I use Compressor 3 to encode it for DVD Studio Pro, it chops off this info. Does anyone know how to maintain embedded closed caption information when encoding for DVD Studio Pro? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: Preserving Closed Captions with Compressor
on May 13, 2009 at 9:12:34 pm

Kenny,

I have never tried passing video through to DVD that already has the CC info on line 21. I'm not sure if this workflow should work or not.

Anytime I go to DVD with Closed Captions I embed the .scc file with the video track. The .scc file has to be synced with the timecode of the video track and then it works perfectly.

I have never used it and don't know anyone that has, but you might look at CCExtractor (http://ccextractor.sourceforge.net) as it might be able to help you separate the video and CC.

If you find a way to make this work, I'd love to hear what you find to make it work!

Matt

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Preserving Closed Captions with Compressor
on May 13, 2009 at 9:45:33 pm

This is covered on page 83 of the compressor 3 user manual and is achieved through the use of a .scc file. As pointed out by Matt, CCExtractor should work fine for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]