FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning My Film to Blu-Ray from FCP

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Seely
Burning My Film to Blu-Ray from FCP
on May 11, 2009 at 11:28:17 pm

Hello.

This is my first post, so I'm sorry if it is a bit wordy.

I am totally confused on how to create a blu-ray version of my film for my friends, teachers, and myself to view on a blu-ray player, such as the PS3 or a standalone blu-ray player like the Panasonic DMP-BD35.

I am a film student and shot a project on Super 16mm and had it digitized to HDCam. From the HDCam version, I had some touch ups done using smoke and color correction.

Finally, I have the color corrected final cut of my film from footage captured using AppleProRes422 (HQ).

So, in fcp, I have a 1920x1080 high definition 16:9 aspect ratio 23.98 fps finished project in a matching 1920x1080 high definition 16:9 aspect ratio 23.98 fps fcp sequence. The film is about 26 min. long with stereo sound 16 bit, 48khz, balanced to -20dbs. It is what I want.

I want to take this film and put it on blu-ray (in 1920x1080, 16x9, 23.98fps) to be played on any blu-ray player.

I have a G5 PowerPC with Final Cut Pro Studio 2. I also have a (non-apple/mac) pc with the master collection of Adobe CS4 (so it has Adobe Encore) and a blu-ray burner.

I'm hoping to be able to use a combination of these computers and programs to turn the film in my fcp timeline into a blu-ray movie. (I don't really care about copy protecting my film or anything like that)

Since this is the first time I've worked with HD material as well as the first time I've tried to make a blu-ray movie, I am completely confused by the proper workflow. Making SD films and burning in SD to dvds was simple, but this seems like a laborious undertaking. I'm willing to do the work, I just don't know what work to do.

I'm guessing I need to use quicktime conversion in fcp, then compressor, then Adobe Encore, but I am not sure of this nor am I sure of the codecs I should be using.

Also, I am not really familiar with compressor, dvd studio pro, or adobe encore. So, the more precise, simple, and descriptive the help...the better.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]