FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video and Audio not synced

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joakim Åberg
Video and Audio not synced
on May 10, 2009 at 5:35:44 pm

I just finished a project in after effects that I rendered out as uncompressed avi and compressed to .mp4 in squeeze. The soundtrack was done in audition and exported as .wav. The thing is that audio and video is synced in AE but not when I have compressed it. I´ve heard that B-frames can cause sync problems, but I have already turned it off. It also sounds as if some clips are synced, while some arn´t. Early in the film it´s most noticable. Anyone got a clue of what can be wrong?

eDIT:
I have always watched my previews in vlc and never had any problems with sync. When I watched the full movie I used quicktime (for some reason..) and now I watched it with vlc, and to my surprise it was quicktime that caused the sync problem..

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Video and Audio not synced
on May 10, 2009 at 7:24:05 pm

[Joakim Åberg] "I have always watched my previews in vlc and never had any problems with sync. When I watched the full movie I used quicktime (for some reason..) and now I watched it with vlc, and to my surprise it was quicktime that caused the sync problem..
"

How odd, we've been having issues with VLC sync recently.

Anyhow, I personally wouldn't rely on AE to sync AV. I'd always prefer to do that sort of work in an NLE like FCP, Premiere or Vegas

Return to posts index

Joakim Åberg
Re: Video and Audio not synced
on May 10, 2009 at 9:10:13 pm

Ok, strange. I´ve been working only in AE to learn more about the program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]