FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hi quality youtube files

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer West
Hi quality youtube files
on May 8, 2009 at 12:00:47 am

Hello

I havent been able to get a good quality picture on youtube on a short video yet and have been trying different methods.

Both videos are short, 1 is 39 seconds with no sound and the other is 2 and 1/2 min. They have no sound - and are NTSC standard DV clips. Youtube recompresses them and they look awful.

These are the 3 methods I have used.

1) MPEG4 (using H.264 720 x 480 30progressive deinterlaced) exported from Final Cut Pro 6 using Compressor. these files are perfect when I have uploaded to a private web with no compression but looked horrible on youtube

2) Read on blogs to try this: FCP out with Compressor - same settings as above except using 640 x 480 H.264 as a .MOV file. Looked ok for first 10 seconds, then heavy pixellation

3) Standard QT out of FCP - obvioulsy did not work

I've been scouring the web and reading blogs and need to try to get to look just "okay" - not its looks horrible

I also have flash - should I important a QT movie into Flash and export that way?

How about this Compressor plugin that you can download - HQ Youtube setting?

thanks, Jennifer West

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Hi quality youtube files
on May 8, 2009 at 9:21:44 am

[Jennifer West] "2) Read on blogs to try this: FCP out with Compressor - same settings as above except using 640 x 480 H.264 as a .MOV file. Looked ok for first 10 seconds, then heavy pixellation"

What exact settings are you using, datarate for example?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]