FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox CompressHD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Rubertis
Matrox CompressHD
on May 4, 2009 at 12:39:36 am

Craig,
I saw this post on the FCP forum http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1033518 and am wondering if you can give me your perspective on what it really is.

I'm am seriously looking to boost Compressor and get quality.. is this the real deal?

An Artist At Heart.
Life is made of moments...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Matrox CompressHD
on May 4, 2009 at 3:50:00 am

I'm looking into this card too.

I usually shoot XDCAM EX HD and converting to 720p H.264 for client screening copies.
I also do a lot of 640x360 H.264 Window Dubs of the raw shoot material. Given that at times I have a couple of hours of raw source video to encode, the above can be loooong renders (hours) on Mac 2.8GHz 8 core 8GB RAM. I'm really looking to speed that time up.

Return to posts index

Cat Mayville
on Nov 3, 2009 at 8:11:03 pm

Craig,

I am still working on trying to get files passed for delivering Cable Labs compliant MP2's to TVN for our networks VOD deliveries. I'll let you know what I find out, but Episode is not even in the running at this point because their settings don't pass test.

I was wondering about this Matrox card. It sounds like it may speed up compressions. But, would it also
improve the quality of MP2's (if I kept export settings the same)?

What are your thoughts on adding Matrox hardware, but leaving export setting same (only because they passed the TVN test). Any added value? Thanks! Cat

Thanks! Cat Mayville

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 3, 2009 at 8:33:07 pm

[Cat Mayville] " Episode is not even in the running at this point because their settings don't pass test. "

Try Episode 5.3. That issue should be fixed.

[Cat Mayville] "I was wondering about this Matrox card."
It works inside of Episode 5.3 too. Just access Quicktime and you can access Matrox MAX settings. Matrox MAX technology is only H.264, not MP2.

[Cat Mayville] "What are your thoughts on adding Matrox hardware, but leaving export setting same (only because they passed the TVN test). Any added value? Thanks! Cat "

Blazing fast H.264 encoding. Faster than real time. Good looking codec. Well worth it. It doesn't have anything to do with MP2 though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]