FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hardware Encoding

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daryl Lannert
Hardware Encoding
on Apr 30, 2009 at 12:48:49 am

Hello,
I am inquiring as to any advice or help anyone can give me on Hardware encoding. I am interested in H264, Flash, Shockwave, MPEG2, MPEG4 and Apple Pro Res. We use a plethora of different software encoders as well as a Digital Rapids for MPEG2 encoding. Our Rapids does a very good job normally and is usually much faster than any software encoding. Mind you, we do not currently have a Render farm for our software encoding that many people here say is almost required. Sometimes time is not an issue, sometimes it is. I am interested in up to date info on Hardware encoding Hardware for all those formats. I understand that each format will require a different card. I am looking for info on both SD and HD. Thank you for any help.

Return to posts index

Chris Blair
Re: Hardware Encoding
on May 1, 2009 at 12:54:24 am

Digital Rapids solutions are pretty darn good. They have a number of different combinations of hardware/software and turnkey systems. Most of the other companies that sell encoding hardware that I'm aware of don't seem to offer as well-integrated an approach as Digital Rapids does.

Some of the people that started Digital Rapids were the same people that started DPS, which created the Perception PVR, then the Velocity line of editing products (now owned by Harris Corp). So they know video capture, processing and encoding very well. I know a couple of people that use their turnkey solutions and they rave about them, both the functionality and reliability of them.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Hardware Encoding
on May 1, 2009 at 11:47:00 pm

Apple Pro Res is Mac only, currently.

If you are file based have a look at Episode engine. Better and more flexible than any hardware/black-box solution.

If you are tape/feed and file based, add a Pipeline to the mix

(Shockwave is not video)

More here:

http://www.telestream.net/telestream-products/enterprise-products.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]