FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac x264Encoder.component crashes

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olive Green
Mac x264Encoder.component crashes
on Apr 28, 2009 at 12:03:54 pm

I recently downloaded the x264Encoder.component version 1.0.1 from mac's website.

I am trying to use it to export as a H264 Quicktime Movie from FCP (PAL) using Quicktime Converision.

In the Video Compression Settings window:

- I adjust the frame rate to 24fps
- I adjust Key Frames to automatic
- I set data rate to automatic
- I set encoding to single pass (medium)

Then I click on the options button which opens the Libavcodec settings window. As soon as I change anything in this window (or even if I click OK to the default settings in this window) fcp will crash - not straight away, but as soon as I ok the video compression settings.

If I don't use these options (libavcodec settings) I can export without any problems using x264.

The problem is that I need to be able to set the Container Level Colour Adjustment to 5-1-6 Composite Pal/Digital 625 as I believe this will help my video to be viewed correctly over the inernet.

Does anyone know what my problem is? Can anyone take a rough guess? Any help at all would be appreciated as this is becoming very frustrating.

By the way, I am using FCP 5.0.4 and Quicktime 7.6 (not QT pro - Does this make a difference?)

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Mac x264Encoder.component crashes
on Apr 28, 2009 at 1:38:33 pm

[Olive Green] "I recently downloaded the x264Encoder.component version 1.0.1 from mac's website."

From where?

[Olive Green] "I adjust the frame rate to 24fps"

Why adjust down from 25fps?

[Olive Green] "- I set data rate to automatic"

You DO NOT want to do that.

[Olive Green] "The problem is that I need to be able to set the Container Level Colour Adjustment to 5-1-6 Composite Pal/Digital 625 as I believe this will help my video to be viewed correctly over the inernet."

Who told you that?

You might want to have a look at some other applications to do the Job:

Handbrake - http://handbrake.fr/?article=download

and

Xdot - http://xdot.command-q.org/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]