FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Something Faster Than Compressor From DNxHD to ProRes

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Henderson
Need Something Faster Than Compressor From DNxHD to ProRes
on Apr 18, 2009 at 8:19:35 pm

Many people have told me to post this question here, so here I go...

Our media archive is currently in Avid's DNxHD 220 format encapsulated in MOV's with 24-bit 8-channel Little Endian audio. Our Client is ordering from it, but wants to get it in ProRes 422 HQ with the audio unchanged. Most of our Macs are Intel Dual-Duo2's running ~2.2Ghz per core, OSX.4, 4GB of RAM, and 1TB of SATAII local storage. Compressor is VERY slow (1 min content = 6 mins recompression/wav transfer) in this process and I'm not doing any DI, IVTC, resolution change or anything, just a recompression of a compressed source. The files' location doesn't seem to make any difference and the copy off the network at about 0.4mins per minute of content in times of high network load. The software-only playback of the file is very close to realtime with some choppiness. What else can I use besides Compressor that will do this in a more reasonable timeframe? Is there anything?

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Need Something Faster Than Compressor From DNxHD to ProRes
on Apr 19, 2009 at 12:27:05 am

[Chris Henderson] "Is there anything? "

Some of these with Compresor rendering over the farm

http://www.apple.com/xserve/performance.html

Return to posts index

Michael Magallon
Re: Need Something Faster Than Compressor From DNxHD to ProRes
on Apr 23, 2009 at 12:35:33 am

Well there is nothing currently outside a Mac that will encode to ProRes (HQ).

As far as what is faster to transcode, I would say QMaster. Other than that, even QT export out is fast. Beside that, nothing is really faster.

Good Luck!

--
MM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]