FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert home movies to dvd

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Timmerman
Convert home movies to dvd
on Apr 3, 2009 at 2:31:31 am

I have a lot of home movies on digital and vhs tape and need to know if it is possible to use a h.264 security dvr [which I have not yet purchased] to bring these tapes to my computer to edit and burn to dvd. I have a digital movie camera with analog in to convert the vhs tapes to digital but don't know about the signal in connectors on a security dvr. Is this possible? Will I need special adaptors to make a connection to the dvr in signal? I am shopping for a dvr security system and hope to take care of two jobs with one piece of electronics. Are there any special features I should look for on a dvr to accomplish this task?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Convert home movies to dvd
on Apr 3, 2009 at 3:19:41 pm

The security DVR is very unlikely to offer the kind of resolution and quality you will need for onward conversion to MPEG-2 for DVD.

You are better off using analogue connections on your camera for the input from tape and then connect your camera to your PC with either Firewire or USB2 depending on your setup.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]