FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proper widescreen settings for YouTube

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron D Hose
Proper widescreen settings for YouTube
on Apr 2, 2009 at 12:02:31 am

Hi all.
I have a video that was mastered in DVCPROHD 720p. I'm not quite sure what setting and aspect ratio to convert it to in Compressor to get it to display properly in YouTube. Right now, YouTube is letterboxing it and stretching it across the widescreen viewer (not filling it they way it should be). Very weird, since I have previous videos that were mastered in 16:9 that transferred over just fine without messing with the aspect ratio. Some of them were even 640x360 (half screen 16:9 movies). Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Proper widescreen settings for YouTube
on Apr 2, 2009 at 12:46:20 pm

Have you read the online help?

help.youtube.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=132460cbid=-157x36fvs1qjv&src=cb&lev=topic

Let us know if you are still having problems

Return to posts index

Aaron D Hose
Re: Proper widescreen settings for YouTube
on Apr 2, 2009 at 2:30:19 pm

Yes, did read it. Except, the problem I seemed to be having is with my original master pixel aspect ratios, which were in DVCPROHD pixels (0.75). This was why YouTube was stretching them. Even if I converted my originals to 1280x720, the pixels were still off, unless I told Compressor to make the pixels square (1.00). YouTube should make mention of this on that "video optimization" page. My videos work fine now. Did take me a few hours to figure this out though.

"Be the dream, NOT the dreamer!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]