FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sorenson - deinterlace progressive text

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
Sorenson - deinterlace progressive text
on Apr 1, 2009 at 1:27:54 am

Hey Everyone,

Curious if anyone else is having any this same workflow issue with Sorenson Squeeze.

I start with NTSC D1 Footage - Avid Meridien 2:1 anamorphic 16x9.

With our setup, we're still shooting standard 30i...we don't have any progressive options, even though we do most of our production for the web.

So I setup a deinterlace footage filter in Sorenson...but it clips the rounded edges of any text is in the video. The video is clean and deinterlaced...but the text looks jagged.

If I run Sorenson without any deinterlacing filter...any moving video has field banding...but my text looks beautiful!

Do I have to choose? Has anyone else experienced this and come to a middle ground?

-Jason

Ohhh...and complete side note here - I found that if I import a standard resolution size (720x486) into Sorenson...it AUTOMATICALLY deinterlaces the file!!?!?!? Why would it do that? I accidentally found this, because I placed a filter on a clip and instead of deleting the filter, I just turned everything off...and it didn't deinterlace it...but if I deleted the filter, it automatically deinterlaced it. How strange is that?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Sorenson - deinterlace progressive text
on Apr 1, 2009 at 10:41:25 am

Did you edit the text in using an NLE with the project set to progressive?

It sounds like your text has not been rendered as interlaced.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: Sorenson - deinterlace progressive text
on Apr 1, 2009 at 4:15:40 pm

Hey Daniel,

We're shooting 30i and I'm on an AVID Meridien system which only has 30i capabilities. My export is Same as Source to retain the highest quality picture. I've tried to revise my export to do a single field export...but the quality loss is significant. It doesn't seem to deinterlace, but just remove an entire field. There are no other deinterlacing options in my version of AVID.

The text won't render as interlaced unless there is movement. If I do a position movement...it is interlaced (visually). If I leave it still...both fields fall in the same place, so it doesn't have any *banding* to remove.

-Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]