FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aspect Ratio Settings

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Covington
Aspect Ratio Settings
on Mar 26, 2009 at 10:42:00 pm

Does anyone know what settings to use in compressor 3 to get 720p 24pn video to display widescreen on a 16:9 TV but Letterbox on a 4:3 TV. I've tried several settings and either get 4:3 anamorphic squeeze or 4:3 side crop which cuts off my graphics.

I'm compressing these shows to broadcast in SD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne C

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Aspect Ratio Settings
on Mar 27, 2009 at 11:55:55 am

Generally speaking a 4:3 TV will add the letterboxing for you if it's capable of dealing with the signal (some will do this automatically, some will need switching soem setups will require that the DVD player will be set to output suitable for 4:3 sets); very old TVs won't be able to do this.
Just use a 16:9 setting in compressor.

Return to posts index

Wayne Covington
on Apr 2, 2009 at 11:29:45 pm

Thanks for the info. When I use the 16:9 setting in compressor and then playback the file from the media server that our files run from on air. The image displays squeezed (anamorphic). Could this be a decoding problem from the media server?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Apr 3, 2009 at 6:48:57 am

It's unlikely to be the media server - what setting are you using in compressor?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]