FORUMS: list search recent posts

is the new apple compressor slower

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
is the new apple compressor slower
on Mar 24, 2009 at 6:42:36 pm

I was a little late in upgrading to FCP studio 2, knowing that the new version is coming out this year, but I am shooting so much HD, I needed the open timeline for my sanity.

Anyway, this is the first time I have to open compressor. Last night on my G5, I couldn't' run a batch because it said it wasn't installed properly. Couldn't get a reinstall to take. Anyay, I went to my powerbook and things are cool, only it is taking 5.5 hours to render out 4 x 30 minute programs. I am still waiting on the last program. Compressor in studio 5.1 zipped them out in anout 40 minutes. I know the G4 is slower, but 5 hours? I also couldn't get the option to make my audio .mp3 instead of dolby digital. I just don't need dolby on this project. Anyway, I set up the encode for 150 minutes. One program drops over 30 minutes and I want to have a little buffer. I also came from the standard quicktime export in FCP and set up a batch.

I would ex[ect longer on my G4, but This thing is slow. Anyone else notice a slowdown?

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]