FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stuttering AVCHD video

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Rozitis
Stuttering AVCHD video
on Mar 17, 2009 at 6:53:16 am

I am using a Sony SR12 and shooting on the highest res settings. My system is a Mac Pro (2x3ghz quad cores,5gigs ram, etc...a very good machine) When I bring my footage into iMovie 08 all of the video stutters...I have the same problem with FCExpress...I haven't tried CS4 Premiere yet...has anyone had this same problem? See my video on Youtube:

Please let me know what you think? (Is the Sony AVCHD format not compatible with Apple products?) (Even the log and transfer option gives me the same effect)

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Stuttering AVCHD video
on Mar 17, 2009 at 2:23:51 pm

And it looks fine playing back in camera?

Your camera and the AVCHD format are certainly compatible with the Intel based Macs :

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1014

Mac sure all your software is up to date.

Return to posts index

Greg Rozitis
on Mar 17, 2009 at 4:00:13 pm

Yes, the footage looks fine when playing back on the camera, and even in the preview before logging and transferring...I also tried it in the local Apple reseller's store, with the same results...perhaps their system wasn't completely up to date?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Mar 17, 2009 at 4:33:33 pm

Is this the only footage you've tried? If it is, could you try and shoot some more test footage and try it with that?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]