FORUMS: list search recent posts

code a player

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Snider
code a player
on Mar 8, 2009 at 6:00:15 am

Hi, not sure what he wants exactly, but a guy wants to feed me some editing work. He showed me this as an example from a similar piece from last year: http://www.mxbuilding.com/ballroom/page2.php

He mentioned logo animation (which I don't see) being involved, and asked if I could 'code a player like this'. Not sure what he means by coding the player. I can edit the video, encode it as an flv, and do some animation if there were some...but I'm not a web guy...anybody know what he means?

Thanks, Josh

Return to posts index

Chris Blair
Re: code a player
on Mar 8, 2009 at 5:15:41 pm

25 years in the business and 8 doing web video stuff and I've never heard that term. All I can guess is that he wants to know if you can embed the video in the page the way they have it and get it to play when you click on the icons the way they do it now.

That's very easy to do from a web authoring standpoint, but I you said you're doing an "editing." Web authoring is usually not part of any editing job I've ever done.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Mar 8, 2009 at 10:10:46 pm

Coding a player usually refers to writing a Flash player or taking one of the free ones out there and skinning it to his liking.

Not the job of an editor, for sure.

A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.

Return to posts index

Josh Snider
on Mar 9, 2009 at 12:42:47 pm

thanks for the feedback.
yeah, it seems weird that he would ask that of me, especially since i don't have access to the site's server or anything, so far as i know.
i'll just let him know i can't do that part of it, and i'm sure he'll be fine with that.
thanks, Josh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]