FORUMS: list search recent posts

mp4-es

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Cohen
mp4-es
on Mar 3, 2009 at 4:09:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been asked to deliver the final product of a project in MP4-ES format. I've gathered that it would be possibly an MP4 file with ES video but I've never heard of it and am having trouble finding it online.

Does anyone know how I would make such a file?

Thanks,
Adam

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: mp4-es
on Mar 3, 2009 at 4:46:38 pm

MPEG4 Elementary Stream.
Episode Pro can do that. Simplest way is to take an MPEG2 ES stream preset for DVD Authoring and switch it to MPEG4. It'll have an .m2v extension (I don't know the impact of changing that) but it will be an MPEG4 Elementary Stream though.

Return to posts index

Adam Cohen
on Mar 3, 2009 at 4:49:56 pm

That would remove the audio from the file right?

Also is there a cheaper program that can give me the audio and video as es files?

Thank you for your help Craig.

Adam

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 3, 2009 at 5:39:18 pm

As per my pic, no audio included.

Of course you can just do a typical MPEG4 encode (of whatever variant) and not encode the audio.
MPEG4 no audio may not be exactly the same as MPEG4 Elementary Stream. Of course if they can handle both it may make no difference to them.

Return to posts index

Chris Blair
on Mar 4, 2009 at 3:47:01 am

Does the project video have audio? That's a very obscure request. I've only heard of one application or encoder that uses MP4 ES and that's 3ivx. There could be more but I couldn't find any when doing searches for MP4 Elementary Stream on Google.

We don't do Do Blu-Ray authoring, but I guess in theory if you use AVC compression (H264) it might use an MP4 elementary stream and mux it with the accompanying audio file???

I stumbled across 3ivs a while back doing research for an email newsletter we sent out about alternative media players. Seems they have an encoder that encodes the video as an M4V ES, and the audio as AAC then muxes them together in any number of wrappers like AVI, ASF, Quicktime etc.

Here's a link:

http://www.3ivx.com

I'd ask your client to confirm this is what they want. We've had clients make weird requests before and 9 times out of 10 it wasn't REALLY want they wanted or needed.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]