FORUMS: list search recent posts

intro-movie-outro

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vid osredkar
intro-movie-outro
on Feb 14, 2009 at 5:05:22 pm

Hi everybody !

I am working on a 30 min movie.I edited the movie itself in PP and the intro and outro in AE.The PP project is d1 dv pal.Ok, here is my problem, i have to get it all together, and to make things more interesting i did the intro in AE in d1 dvpal PAR (because i used some footage from the movie) and the outro in square pixels( dont know why, because i did not think and did not use any footage from the movie.).
A few questions...
If i get it all together in PP and export as uncompressed ?
Since the footage- movie was captured as dv avi, it is compressed, what happens if i export it from PP as uncompressed? Iknow it doesnt gain any quality, but does it degrade?Where does all the extra giga bytes of data hide? in the picture i mean?

Do i lose picture quality if i have an uncompressed movie, import it in PP,and export it back as uncompressed?

I understand i made a mistake with the outro -square pixel, and all the rest being d1 dv pal.
The outro is made out of ai text files and text layers, What if i change the PAR now, when all is done?

Considering the soup i made for myself, what is your suggestion?
Final product is DVD.

Thanks in advance
best regards
vid

p.s. this compression thing is incredible, a whole new chapter

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: intro-movie-outro
on Feb 16, 2009 at 11:43:55 pm

" Iknow it doesnt gain any quality, but does it degrade"

Not in a way that you'd notice.

Where does all the extra giga bytes of data hide?

Nowhere, it's all just 'padding' or extra fat.

Do i lose picture quality if i have an uncompressed movie, import it in PP,and export it back as uncompressed?

Maybe, but you'd probably not notice it unless you really knew what to look for.

A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.

Return to posts index

vid osredkar
on Feb 17, 2009 at 9:25:37 am

Thank you very much for your answers, i did the whole uncompressed thing and it looks good.
One more! What about the pixel aspect ratio?
Let us presume you are on the end of a project and you find out that one of your comps (finishing titles, only ai files and text layers, and 3 psds) PAR is been set wrong.Instead of dv d1 it was set to square.If i change the setting now, and interpret the footage correctly,is it ok?
I have done that,ended up having to do some corrections in the typography and camera moves, but again it looks good, but something seems fishy, still waiting for it to hit me.
I got it all on the dvd, and it looks ok, no more good, the bigest problem now is that my tv zooms in on the picture, eats it(the safety margins thing).To what extend am i to expect the zooming on different tvs,lcds plasmas ?

thanks a lot
vid

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Feb 17, 2009 at 4:41:31 pm

Personally I'd get everything back to PAL Square 768x576, complete your edit and then export out to D1 (non-square).

As for TVs zooming, you can't expect anything to happen, if the TV zooms in too much then it's set up incorrectly, as your is.

Any flat panel should be left on 16:9 but you can't take account for people setting it to whatever they want.

A bad choice speaks louder than a good one.

Return to posts index

vid osredkar
on Feb 19, 2009 at 12:34:10 pm

thanks for all the info,
best regards
vid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]