FORUMS: list search recent posts

compressor and qmaster

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Rovit
compressor and qmaster
on Feb 14, 2009 at 1:22:02 am

Ok I'm writing because at this point I don't know where to turn. I've looked all over the internet and the problem that I'm encountering actually seems to be a pretty common issue. Even on Creative Cow I've found people complaining but not one solution has worked for me.

Basically, when I send any file to Apple's Compressor 2.0 whether it be from Final Cut Pro or from a self contained Quicktime, when I go to submit my batch I get the error message "Unable to submit batch. Cannot connect to background process." I've tried everything including completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Final Cut Studio.

So, let me also mention that I'm working in Leopard and I've surmised that this could be the problem, however, I expect that there should be a solution to this without downgrading to Tiger (come on Apple are you kidding??)

OK and lastly, and in my opinion the most suspicious is that when I go to software update it continually tells me that there is a version 2.0.1 update for both Compressor and Qmaster. No matter how man times I update and restart. The versions don't change and the updates continue to pop up.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I'm begging for help here.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: compressor and qmaster
on Feb 14, 2009 at 1:58:01 am

Look for a folder called Helium.framework in the System-Library-Private Frameworks folder. Somehow we had this folder missing and when we got it back in there, all was well. I would recommend bringing it over from a similar Mac with an equal version number install and OS.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Nat Rovit
Re: compressor and qmaster
on Feb 15, 2009 at 5:37:01 am

Thanks for the fast response Rick. So you're saying that I need to have this Helium.frameworks folder in my frameworks folder?? It's not there. I don't know anyone else who has working FCS 1. Is there another way of getting a hold of this folder?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]