FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing Timecode using Compressor

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Elkins
Changing Timecode using Compressor
on Feb 9, 2009 at 5:19:06 pm

Hi everyone,

Hopefully somebody can help me. A channel has asked for some programmes to be delivered as Quicktime files rather than on tape. I have every programme as a Quicktime on the computer, each with timecodes that match what was on the edit master tapes - i.e. each programme begins at timecode 10:00:00:00 both on the tape and on the file.

However, the channel are asking for delivery of each programme with timecodes starting at 00:00:00:00

Is there a way I can do this without having to go the route of bringing every programme into an FCP sequence, changing the start timecode, and exporting? Can I not do this thorough Compressor or even Quicktime?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Changing Timecode using Compressor
on Feb 9, 2009 at 10:21:54 pm

Try the compressor 3 manual, page 69.

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: Changing Timecode using Compressor
on Feb 10, 2009 at 2:00:40 pm

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for responding. However I think what the manual says on page 69 and 70 is more about setting in/out points rather than re-setting them.
What I want to do is set my in point at, say 10:14:00:00 on the original Quicktime (which I have done) but then I need the compressed Quicktime file that is created to begin at TC 00:00:00:00. At the moment the Quicktime files that are created maintain the original timecode.

The only way that I know to do this is to bring each clip into a timeline in FCP and set the timecode to start at 00:00:00:00 - I'm just wondering if there's a more efficient way to do this through Compressor to avoid a second stage of encoding through FCP.

Hope that makes sense. Any further help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]