FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with interlaced video in ProRes

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raj Swahali
Help with interlaced video in ProRes
on Feb 4, 2009 at 4:06:36 am

Rather than struggle to work with native avchd video in Premiere CS4, I decided to first convert the clips to Apple ProRes using Voltaic which reads avchd and utilizes an export for Quicktime codecs like ProRes.
There are settings in the prores quicktime interface related to interlacing and I'm not sure whether the setting should be unchecked or checked.
I am shooting with a Canon at 1080i/60 so the source is interlaced.

Within the prores interface should I select the checkbox simply titled "Interlaced" because the source is interlaced or should I de-select it so it doesn't mess it up with further interlacing mischief?

Also there is an additional checkbox setting to "Deinterlace Source Video"
Should I just leave this alone or would it be a good idea to deinterlace prior to editing in Premiere? The destination will end up being Blue Ray dvd and h264 avi.

Return to posts index

Brian Alexander
Re: Help with interlaced video in ProRes
on Feb 12, 2009 at 5:14:41 am

[Raj Swahali] "checkbox simply titled "Interlaced" "

This box is just for metadata purposes. It doesn't change anything in the actual footage.

[Raj Swahali] "Also there is an additional checkbox setting to "Deinterlace Source Video" "

If your intended output will be progressive I would suggest de-interlacing before you start your editing. It will be a much quicker de-interlace if you use ProRes as your de-interlaced codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]